This Solar Wind Turbine uses a photovoltaic solar cell to generate electricity from sunlight. This electricity drives a miniature motor that turns the rotor blades and lights up an LED light on top of the housing. The stronger the sunlight, the faster the blades will turn. The solar cell will also work under a regular light bulbs and halogen spotlight, but not under fluorescent or neon light tubes, energy-saving light bulbs or LEDs. The solar cells that are used are encapsulated within a flexible polymer approved for space applications, making them exceptionally reliable. Exceptional quality and craftsmanship, made in Germany. For ages 14 and up, some assembly is required.
- Blinking red LED light on top of the housing
- The solar-powered motor spins the blades
- Blade is geared, so rotates at realistic speed.
- High-quality solar-panel
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 4.1 x 19 in. (10.5 x 10.5 x 48 cm)
- Diameter 12 in. (30 cm)
- Some assembly is required
- Made in Germany