Galileo 5-Tube Thermometer Instructions for Mounting
Galileo 5-Tube Thermometer
Let the jewel-like sparkle of this sculptural Galileo Thermometer adorn your home while displaying the laws of thermodynamics. Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642) invented the thermoscope, the world's first instrument indicating changes of temperature. Today, modern science has perfected a 400-year-old principle and created a work of art - the Galileo Thermometer.
This unique 5-tube wall-mount version is the closest replica available to the original thermometer designs by Galileo Galilei. It features five 24 karat gold plated temperature indicators which show the temperature range between 64°- 80°F. Each sphere is held within it's own cylinder. The five 12" tall glass cylinders are mounted in a solid oak wood frame.
Instructions for Mounting
- Remove thermometer & mounting hardware from box.
- Position thermometer against the wall, were it is to be mounted.
- Mark the position of the mounting hole.
- For mounting on a masonry or plaster surface: drill a 3/8" diameter hole and insert the plastic wall anchor.
- For mounting on a wood surface: drill a 5/32" diameter hole.
- Using an adjustable wrench, screw the mounting bolt half way into the hole, (leave 7/8" of the bolt sticking out of the wall).
- Remove the mounting nut by turning counter clockwise.
- Place the thermometer on the wall over the mounting bolt.
- Reinstall the nut using the adjustable wrench and tighten.