Beautiful, medium-size 16th Century Mercator globe. It is mounted on a classic library desk stand, of a style and design found in many originals now exhibited in science and maritime museums, and Kunstkammers. Hand applied paper reproduction gores and pole caps cover a preformed core.
- Bronze meridian ring mounted with a small bronze pole circle and pointer
- Hand-turned cherry wood cradle of classic shape and design
- Paper zodiac band circling the equator as originally drawn by the cartographer Mercator
- Diameter: 10.25 in. (26.5 cm)
- Height 11.75 in. (29.75 cm)